The Department for Energy & Climate Change have confirmed that an additional £70m is to be added to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund on Monday 16th March 2015.
From midday on Monday 16th March, the scheme will open to new applications for the new release of funding, with up to £5,600 available to households in England and Wales to help with the cost of installing certain energy saving measures such as solid wall insulation, double glazing, boilers, cavity wall and floor insulation.
For the third release of funding, money has been increased for the two measures offer.
Domestic energy customers will be able to receive:
- up to £3,750 for installing solid wall insulation;
- and/or up to £1,250 for installing two measures from an approved list;
- up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment;
- up to £500 more if applying within 12 months of buying a new home.
The up to £70 million available for release 3 is part of the additional £100 million for household energy efficiency announced in October 2014. This funding is in addition to the £450 million already allocated to household energy efficiency from 2014 – 2017.
Eligible measures for the £1,250 list include;
- a condensing gas boiler on mains gas
- double or triple glazing as a replacement for single glazing
- secondary glazing
- energy efficient replacement external doors
- cavity wall insulation
- floor insulation
- flat-roof insulation
- insulation for a room in the roof
- a replacement warm air unit
- fan-assisted storage heaters
- a waste water heat recovery system
To become a Green Deal Installer, and offer your customers the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund speak to Easy Green Deal on Freephone 0124 478 4260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online if you are already registered with Easy Green Deal, then contact your mentor with any queries.